World Ranger Day
World Ranger Day is celebrated worldwide on July 31st to commemorate Rangers killed or injured in the line of duty and to celebrate the work Rangers do to protect the planet’s natural treasures and cultural heritage. A copy of the Roll of Honour and map can be found under the news section on the home page of the website. World Ranger Day is an International Ranger Federation initiative promoted together with its official charity arm, The Thin Green Foundation.
Stand with Rangers and get involved:
- Join in with one of our “Top Ten” CMA/IRF initiatives (see above)
- Download the International Ranger Federation, Thin Green Line and Universal Ranger Support Alliance World Ranger Day 2021 Support Pack
- URSA and partners have produced five new videos on the roles, value and support needed for rangers, all five videos are available to view and share on the IRF website. Alternatively each can be accessed via YouTube;
Honour Fallen Rangers:
- Pause for a moment on July 31st to honour those Rangers who have made the ultimate sacrifice protecting our planet’s natural treasures and cultural heritage.
- Raise funds for Ranger projects: Raise funds for the critical work that Rangers do. Raising this funding will equip and train Rangers in the field as well as support the families of Fallen Rangers.
A number of World Ranger Day templates and resources are available, see and download material here.