Formed in 1966 the CMA is the largest organisation supporting the work of conservation, access and recreation professionals in the natural greenspace and countryside sector throughout England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- Support the development of staff, students and volunteers involved in the management, interpretation, and public enjoyment of natural greenspace and the countryside through networking, training and continuing professional development.
- Promote the value and importance of professionally managed natural greenspace and the countryside to the general public, the government and other organisations.
- Influence the organisations involved in the management of natural greenspace and countryside by providing information and authoritative comment.
- Champion the staff, students and volunteers involved in the management, interpretation, and access to natural greenspace and the countryside.
Join the CMA and be inspired, informed, respected, connected!
Announcing the IUCN-WCPA International Ranger Awards
These new awards recognise the remarkable work of rangers in protected and conserved areas around the world. Ten awardees will each receive a unique uniform patch, and their organisations will receive US$10,000 to support their work.
The awards are open to the diversity of rangers across the world, recognising the wide range of work they do.
Open 17 November – 31 December.
Full details available on the IUCN Website.
Free Student Starter Membership for one year
We have launched our new FREE Student Starter Membership to those in full- or part-time education, including apprenticeships.
- Digital access to Ranger magazine (no printed copies will be sent to Student Members)
- Join our Forum to discuss countryside management matters
- Enjoy members’ rates for our study days, training sessions and annual conference
- Members’ discounts
Who is it for?
Our new membership category is for students in full- or part-time education interested in countryside, greenspace and environmental work.
How to join
Please follow this link for information on how to subscribe to our FREE Student Starter Membership.
CMA unveils new Basecamp collaboration tool
CMA has signed up with Basecamp to offer members a free online networking and discussion platform. Click to find out more about Basecamp and how it can be used to help you in your work and career.
World Ranger Day – 31st July 2020
A message of thanks and support from Thin Green Line Foundation Ambassador Dr Jane Goodall for World Ranger Day.
The roll of honour – remembering those rangers lost in the line of duty.
Wider Consultation on CMA Accreditation Competency Framework Launched
CMA’s Accreditation system will provide robust standards of competency throughout the countryside and greenspace sector and during the career paths of individuals. Colleagues will have an Accreditation system through which they can gain peer, and external recognition, for the very wide ranging, valuable and often critical roles they undertake, especially as we continue forward in these particularly challenging times.
The CMA anticipates that the Accreditation system will also assist employers during recruitment and training needs assessments. CMA aims to launch the system this autumn.
Ian Brooker elected Vice President of the European Ranger Federation
Dartmoor NP Ranger and CMA National Committee member Ian Brooker has been elected to the role of ERF Vice President. In order to make time for the new role, he will be standing down as CMA International Adviser and the position will be taken up by Chloe Bradbrooke.
2019/20 CMA Annual Report published
Click to read the latest Annual Report
CMA is sponsored and supported by the
Countryside Jobs Service