Formed in 1966 the CMA is the largest organisation supporting the work of conservation, access and recreation professionals in the natural greenspace and countryside sector throughout England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
- Support the development of staff, students and volunteers involved in the management, interpretation, and public enjoyment of natural greenspace and the countryside through networking, training and continuing professional development.
- Promote the value and importance of professionally managed natural greenspace and the countryside to the general public, the government and other organisations.
- Influence the organisations involved in the management of natural greenspace and countryside by providing information and authoritative comment.
- Champion the staff, students and volunteers involved in the management, interpretation, and access to natural greenspace and the countryside.
Join the CMA and be inspired, informed, respected, connected!
World Ranger Day 2021 – 31st July
We hope you have started planning, or thinking about what you might do to mark this year’s World Ranger Day (celebrated each year on 31st July). Find out more on the ‘international‘ page where you will also find a link to download material to use on social media.
New URSA Action Plan Released
URSA (Universal Ranger Support Alliance) have just released their Action Plan for supporting implementation of the International Ranger Federation’s Chitwan Declaration and furthering the professionalisation of rangers, read it here.
CMA Photo competition launched
This year CMA wants to celebrate the work of countryside and greenspace professionals bycollating and sharing inspirational photos of you and your colleagues at work.
As an extra incentive to join in and submit an entry, we have teamed up with the Natural History Book Service (NHBS) to offer some fantastic prizes: A £100 voucher for first prize and £50 vouchers for two runners-up!
Visit the competition homepage to read more and submit your photo(s). The competition will run from late May to the end of December 2021. Entrants can submit up to three photos each. Click here for full terms and conditions.
Get connected – download the Force for Nature’ Range App
Free Student Starter Membership for one year
We have launched our new FREE Student Starter Membership to those in full- or part-time education, including apprenticeships.
- Digital access to Ranger magazine (no printed copies will be sent to Student Members)
- Join our Forum to discuss countryside management matters
- Enjoy members’ rates for our study days, training sessions and annual conference
- Members’ discounts
Who is it for?
Our new membership category is for students in full- or part-time education interested in countryside, greenspace and environmental work.
How to join
Please follow this link for information on how to subscribe to our FREE Student Starter Membership.
CMA unveils new Basecamp collaboration tool
CMA has signed up with Basecamp to offer members a free online networking and discussion platform. Click to find out more about Basecamp and how it can be used to help you in your work and career.
2020/21 CMA Annual Report published
Click to read the latest Annual Report
CMA is sponsored and supported by the
Countryside Jobs Service