The CMA is a company limited by guarantee and is run on a non-profit making basis. We are organised on a regional basis overseen by the Association’s Board. The Board is assisted in managing the Association by a National Committee (made up of Board members, Regional Co-ordinators, an international representative, a Membership Affairs Group representative and a National Trust representative) and by a paid Support Contractor.
With the exception of the Support Contractor and the Editor of Ranger Magazine, the CMA is run on a voluntary basis by members, for members.
The current regional breakdown is as follows:
- East Midlands: Derbyshire, Leicestershire, Rutland, Northamptonshire, Nottinghamshire and Lincolnshire,
- East of England: Essex, Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Norfolk and Suffolk.
- Greater London: City of London and the 32 London boroughs
- North East England: Northumberland, County Durham, Cleveland and Tyne and Wear
- North West England: Cumbria, Lancashire, Greater Manchester, Merseyside and Cheshire.
- South East England: Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, East Sussex, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Kent, Oxfordshire, Surrey and West Sussex
- South West England: Gloucestershire, Dorset, Somerset, Wiltshire, Devon, Cornwall and the Isles of Scilly, Jersey and Guernsey
- West Midlands: Herefordshire, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Warwickshire and Worcestershire and West Midlands
- Yorkshire and Humber: Yorkshire and East Riding
- Northern Ireland
Scotland has its own equivalent association – the Scottish Countryside Ranger Association (SCRA).